Saturday, April 12, 2008

God and I

The gods have a gala time ruling me.They tinker with my emotions,my passions and my destiny.They make me worship them,throwing my existence into the meaningless warp of dark voids,forcing my cocky self to finally bow.

The blue gods are my favourite - one surrounded by gopis and the other symbol of truth.Both command a flurrying sheet of dark clouds over our heads.Imaginative no doubt,their command is charismatic yet humble.Few can achieve this exalted status and even fewer can inspire faith which is so assuring in its own self,like a phoenix's song.

The God of War and Weather fails miserably here.But he too is no less.His description,I must confess did capture my imagination.

"In Indra are set fast all forms of golden hue."

At the swift draught the Soma-drinker waxed in might, the Iron One with yellow beard and yellow hair."

"Fair cheeks hath Indra, Maghavan, the Victor, Lord of a great host, Stormer, strong in action.

"May the strong Heaven make thee the Strong wax stronger: Strong, for thou art borne by thy two strong Bay Horses. So, fair of cheek, with mighty chariot, mighty, uphold us, strong-willed, thunderarmed, in battle."

He no doubt cuts an impressive figure yet he falters

...the image of the Lord had been replaced by a mirror.
The irony
is that he indeed is a lord in his own way,yet even they are denied vanity.
Where dost I stand?

No comments:

Post a Comment